Welcome to Encounter African Trails specialized for personalized walking, hiking and cultural tours with a private guide.
My name is Eli and would like to introduce myself to you as your guide and tour operator. I have seven years of experience as a guide for climbing both Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru as well as organizing and guiding game drives and cultural tours in Northern Tanzania. I studied Wildlife and Tourism at Mt. Meru Tour Guide College and am licensed by the governmentof Tanzania to assist you. I have put together several different programs so you can make the most of your time spent in this magnificent country! In addition, I can customize any trip to accommodate your timetable, budget and interests. Contact me to discuss trip options that will fit your needs!
Here I'm at the summit of 'Little Meru'
Welcome to Tanzania, one of the largest countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and unique in that 75% of the country’s total area is national parks, nature reserves and game-protected areas. Lying so close to the equator, Tanzania enjoys a temperate climate; the northern safari circuit is far cooler than many visitors expect.
The total population of Tanzania is estimated to be between 35 and 40 million and the mainstay of the economy is agriculture. Major exports are traditionally coffee, cotton, cashew nuts, sisal, tobacco and tea as well as cloves from the Zanzibar archipelago.
Great Migration Serengeti
Highlights of Tanzania
- Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa as well as Mt. Meru, the third highest mountain in Africa
- The Great Migration on the plains of the Serengeti
- Ngorongoro Crater, the world’s largest unbroken, unflooded volcanic caldera
- Contains 14 national parks which are home to a wide variety of animals including lions, cheetahs, rhinos, giraffes, elephants and birds
- The Great Rift Valley, with its extraordinary escarpments & crater lakes
- Olduvai Gorge, where Homo habilis roamed the ancient lakeshore
- The Great Lakes of Victoria, Tanganyika and Nyasa
- Zanzibar & other exotic Indian Ocean islands
- The Tangan mountain ranges of Udzungwa & Usambara
- Remote chimpanzee habitats at Mahale Mountains & Gombe Stream
Glacier of Mount Kilimanjaro
Specialties of Encounter African Trails
Tanzania, East Africa, is a land of beautiful landscapes, warm-hearted people and an amazing variety of birds, fauna and flora.
- Game drives through Arusha, Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti National Parks, and Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It is possible to see the Big Five in Tanzania’s parks.
- Trekking in the mountains of Monduli, Longido, Meru, Kilimanjaro and Oldonyo Lengai
- Hiking in Lake Duluti Forest Reserve with canoe trips on the 15 m deep, papyrus-lined, crater lake. This is also an excellent sight for bird watching!
- Cultural tours that include visits to traditional homes of Maasai, Meru and Chagga tribes
- Extensions to Zanzibar and other Indian Ocean islands as well as the historical Swahili Coast.
Director & Tour Guide: Elinami A. Ngutata
Postal address: P.O. Box 16342 Arusha Tanzania
Cell phone: +255 784 359 769